Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Papagos - A place to learn and explore





http://fat-tire.net/trailviewer/trailDetails.aspx?ID=84

Okay, I don't have one shot of the famous and interesting looking Papagos mountains in this blog. I wish I had, but there is a lot to this park to explore. My Brother, my nephew and I parked under the freeway near the
lake. Far from the funny looking mountains.

We started in Tempe, rode near a canal through Scottsdale past Grants tomb, past the other canal and ponds near the back of the zoo and ended at the botanical gardens in Phoenix.

This is where I learned how to ride a mountain bike and it's the first bit of dirt outside the canals my nephew has experienced. He says it's a 'primo' ride and we didn't even hit the portion that most mountain bikers experience. However, I feel we saw some sites a lot of the regular crowd may be missing out on. Like the 'indian hut' in the pictures. How about this empty adobe style house?

All in all, I can't complain when I have family to share the ride.







1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog today. I thought the comment about being able to mountain bike with family was very nice.

    ReplyDelete