Monday, August 24, 2009

National Parks of the U.S.A.








In honor of the free days we have had and will have in the National Parks. I submit this post. I have a lot more photos of the parks, and plan on updating soon. Can you name where some/all of these photos were taken?

All Photos were taken by myself or by someone with myself of myself.



Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer. Camp out among the grasses and gentians of glacial meadows, in craggy garden nooks full of nature's darlings. Climb the mountains and get their good tidings, Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but nature's sources never fail.
 John Muir -- Our National Parks , 1901, page 56.






5 comments:

  1. Nice photo’s the camp fire looked really close to the tent. Nice looking old cars and is that Zion I want to ride there some time. The last photo looks like natural bridge north of Payson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camp was in Joshua National Forrest. I met some friends coming from LA. Believe it or not, I actually beat them there. Traffic is horrid there. Nothing like a desert sunset or sunrise. Had more fun there than I ever thought.

    The last one on my screen is in the Grand Canyon. Hiked down the Kiabab trail from the north rim. Nice century plant along the trail. Had to snap the photo.

    Yeah, Zion is a place I want to visit too.

    Some nice rides nearby.

    http://fat-tire.net/trailviewer/filteredTrails.aspx?Area=Zion

    Anyway, thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the place with the old shuttles is Glacier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we didn't have a fire. Just a good place to put the tent as the winds there are fierce at night. tucked between boulders.

    ReplyDelete