Sunday, May 8, 2011

red mountain revenge

The ride started out good. The sky was clear. The desert was green. The mood was calm.

As the desert sky was transitioning from pink to black,  storm clouds off the horizon seemed to foreshadow pending doom.

SNAP ---- . . . dang!

My chain broke, leaving me to a hike-a-bike back to my trusty old Ford truck.

With the wind blowing the storm clouds my direction, I took comfort in knowing that I had gotten out of much worse situations in the past.


Pushed on by the thought that my wife be a widow and my daughter fatherless. I conjured up the strength to push onward.





Well, it wasn't '127 hours' but i was still stranded in the desert with no transportation for an hour in a desert with water. 

Come to think of it, I was carrying a chain tool too.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was close. I glad you made it out of the desert with only a broken chain and a scare. At least if you had made it your family would have had a record of your last moments on earth.

    ReplyDelete